Thursday, May 08, 2008

A New Ride for Our Military

Fire of Liberty

As a follower of the military and fan of the inventive technology, vehicles, aircraft, and weapons that our armed forces develop or acquisition from the private sector to defend this nation, I have to say that I'm excited about this article in the Christian Science Monitor that points out the current quest of the Pentagon to acquire an a counterinsurgency centric replacement for our current fleet of Humvees. I've looked at the specs and mock-ups of the new vehicles which are known as the Joint Light Tactical Vehicle (JLTV) and have to say that the private sector is close to producing a vehicle that will indeed protect members of our armed forces but also remain highly maneuverable in dangerous terrain when the feathers hit the fan. I can imagine that the show Future Weapons will air an episode on the JLTV in the near future. Here's a look at my favorites:

truck



JLTV2

No comments: