Thursday, January 08, 2009

Richard John Neuhaus, 1936-2009 - RIP

Fire of Liberty

I'm praying for Father Neuhaus as he makes his long and awaited journey to the Kingdom of the Lord. Now while I'm a practicing Baptist, I have to say I learned a lot about my own faith and life in general by reading his writings over at First Things. Even with a tough subject like death, Father Neuhaus was able to cut through the sadness and demonstrate why people shouldn't be fearful of their demise but embrace the facts and prepare youself for the day that you hopefully meet the Lord. His best piece on this issue can be found in a article titled "Born Toward Dying" in the February 2000 issue of First Things. So with a saddened hart I send my regards to the family of Father Neuhaus and wish him God's Speed to his heavenly home.

No comments: