Thursday, February 23, 2006

Hillary's Jihad on Vouchers

Fire of Liberty

I'm guessing Sen. Clinton isn't a big fan of private-school vouchers(Or should I say NY's teacher's union lobby). See for yourself:
"First family that comes and says 'I want to send my daughter to St. Peter's Roman Catholic School' and you say 'Great, wonderful school, here's your voucher,'" Clinton said. "Next parent that comes and says, 'I want to send my child to the school of the Church of the White Supremacist ...' The parent says, 'The way that I read Genesis, Cain was marked, therefore I believe in white supremacy. ... You gave it to a Catholic parent, you gave it to a Jewish parent, under the Constitution, you can't discriminate against me.'"

As an adoring, if somewhat puzzled, audience of Bronx activists looked on, Clinton added, "So what if the next parent comes and says, 'I want to send my child to the School of the Jihad? ... I won't stand for it."
This is one quote and position that opposition researchers in the GOP and the Mark Warner camp love to hear from the junior senator of New York. You'd think someone who always talks about raising children out of the "cycle of poverty" would be more than willing to accept the usage of vouchers so inner city parents can take their children with the aid of a voucher (which is a percentage of the money that the taxpayers(parents) currently spend on their education) out of the failing public schools and move them to private, parochial schools(Catholic Schools) or in most cases with vouchers to better performing public schools. But when you believe that it really "takes a village to raise a child," then you detest parents having a choice in the education of their child. It's funny that folks like Hillary and Ted Kennedy are opposed to vouchers which let parents pull their kids out of the horrific public schools in places like D.C.'s especially after the fact that they also refused to send their kids to these schools as well.(They're for the "little man" only when it looks good.)

No comments: