Saturday, October 28, 2006

Why I'm Optimistic About Election Day

Fire of Liberty

I think this piece by National Review Online's Deroy Murdoch pretty much sums up why I'm still hoping the Republican's win the day come November 7th. While I'm a little miffed with spending I've got to give the Republicans props in national security, tax cuts, cutting the deficit in half well before 2009, 4.6% unemployment, low inflation rate, a border fence. Yes, we've got to work on winning the War on Terror, stopping nuclear proliferation, making tax cuts permanent thus expanding growth, and social security reform, appointing judges and Supreme Court Justices in the mold of Thomas, Scalia, Alito, and Roberts. If Pelosi, Murtha, Rangel, Waxman, Conyers, and their friends in the Senate become victorious this November such things will be lost. So if I really know the folks of this country then I forsee them entering the voting booth and voting Republican due to the fact that they like a dynamic economy and a safer America that the Republicans have delivered so far.

No comments: