Thursday, January 10, 2008

Ron Paul: What's the Point?

Fire of Liberty

After writing this I believe that the Ron Paul revolutionaries might send me some nasty comments. To begin with, I wholeheartedly believe that Fox News should have stayed firm and refused to allow Ron Paul in tonight's debate. My main objection is that a man who received 9% of the vote in the highly libertarian in New Hampshire but in the basement doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of winning the election and shouldn't be allowed to take up the time of the candidates vying for the nomination. Now I'll admit that the man has my heart with his no-nonsense I like stances on taxes, limited government, and illegal immigration but he destroys all his credibility with me and cheapens the debate when he ventures into the world of conspiracy theory/black helicopter talk. Ron Paul might have escaped from his Capitol Hill attic for this debate but maybe he should be left out of the next debate.(I know such will never happen on MSNBC, CNN, and others in the MSM because he's entertaining and bashes President Bush.). After tonight's debate and the primaries in Michigan and South Carolina, I believe future debates will be slimmed down and absolved of the distractions of Ron Paul and other lower rung candidates.

No comments: