Monday, June 25, 2007

Ask Ike on Illegal Immigration

Fire of Liberty

As a conservative I have to admit that I never been that crazy of President Eisenhower because he played politics as usual and failed to promote policies that were conservative in nature. Now while I don't find much of the decisions by the Eisenhower administration (I'm inclined to support his strong stand on the Soviet Union, Communism as well as his military spending.) , I tend to find his stance on dealing illegal immigration very interesting after reading this Opinion piece by John Dillin in the Christian Science Monitor. It would be nice if President Bush read this little bit of history and realize that we've had laws and politicians who were willing to secure our borders. We've just got to see it through.

No comments: