Sunday, March 05, 2006

Crash Course Correction

Fire of Liberty

While I and most of America for that matter haven't had time to watch the Oscar movies, I have a strong feeling after hearing all the buzz that Crash seems to be the odds on favorite for best movie. Now Crash seems to be a good movie and I'll look forward to seeing it but more as a anthropological documentary on how the directors and Hollywood in general seem to view the city of LA, which is 100% opposite of what life really is. Thankfully, Cathy Seipp, a resident of Los Angeles, has a great peice over at National Review Online that pretty much dissolves the whole notions about the largest city in the US. So if Crash wins, good for me. It is a good screenplay to watch on film if you don't mind more senseless politically driven movie from Hollywood. My Question is, where's Narnia's nomination for best movie? (The rules say movie has to be made after last Oscars and before this years Oscars.)

2 comments:

shliknik said...

Congrads on guessing the winning movie. Awards shows (yes..even sports ones) are one of my least favorite things to watch! HATE them.

Lucy had it on while I played on my computer last night so I heard who won.

shliknik said...

Congrads on guessing the winning movie. Awards shows (yes..even sports ones) are one of my least favorite things to watch! HATE them.

Lucy had it on while I played on my computer last night so I heard who won.