Thursday, March 30, 2006

Go GMU Patriots

Fire of Liberty

While I'm not a big fan of Basketball, college or pro, in tend to find time to catch the excitement of March Madness in which David's like take on the Goliaths that the sports analysts, writers, and announcers have been gushing about how they're the best in the world. As for me I'm one of those folks who cheer for the little teams who enter the tournament with no chance to progress through the brackets but end up doing so because they have some scrapers who dig deep down in their being and pull out a win. Well it seems that this year I've been provided with an opportunity to see a tournament in which non of the number one seeds advance to the final four. As a big fan of the SEC, I'm thrilled to see two fine teams like Florida and LSU going to the big dance but as a Georgia fan I can't even think about cheering for the Gators or the Tigers(I'll be cheering for their win against UCLA but that's due to my dislike of the Bruins) so I'll be cheering for George Mason University(GMU) because of the fact that no-one expects them to advance and that their players seem to want the win more than others. The Patriots will have their skills tested once again by the Gators but I'm a wishful optimist and believe that in the long run the kids from this small school will rally and make it to the championship and face the Tigers of LSU.

Anyway, I wanted to share this piece on GMU by Bloomberg columnist Scott Soshnick, which pretty much sums up why millions of people like me are pulling for the Patriots. So Go GMU and get ya some Gator!!!(Tastes Like Chicken)

1 comment:

shliknik said...

When it comes to March Madness or bowl season in college football, I'm a big SEC homer. During the regular season, nothing gives me more pleasure than to see Gator fans crying or Tenn fans booing Fulmer, but when push comes to shove, any SEC fan has to root for their conference.

It's like fighting w/ your sibling. You two can fight all day, but noone else better mess with them.

But I agree...it's always fun to watch the little guys win in March Madness.....just tell them to stay away from the BCS bowls.

(stupid Utah and Big East)