Friday, September 30, 2005

Take a Ride With the Crew of Serenity

Fire of Liberty

If you're a big Sci-Fi fan like me, then I can assume that you know have heard all of the buzz about Serenity. It's about time that the folks in Hollywood finally adapted a TV show like Firefly to the silver screen. One can only take so many of those big summer blockbusters that seem to go off on tangents on some character or plot-line that has only a remote connection to the film. From the looks of what I've read and saw on the Sci-Fi channel on Serenity, I have a strong feeling that Universal Pictures made the right decision in calling on Joss Whedon to extend the mission of the crew of Serenity for another adventure.

Maybe if the film industry started making such wonderful films that people truly love, then they could fill the seats once again. I just wish Firefly could make a return to the small screen once again. If The Family Guy can return, I don't see why Firefly couldn't as well.(If Whedon would do it.) I could imagine it airing on The Sci-Fi Channel, especially with all of the other Sci-Fi hits popping up all over the many TV networks. (Just think about this Friday line-up on Sci-Fi - Firefly- 8(Stargate SG-1 can last only so long), Stargate Atlantis- 9, and BattleStar Galactica at 10. I would be an awesome ratings night. But from the looks of it, Whedon would prefer bigger budgets and greater horizons.) No matter what happens, I want to thank Whedon for creating Firefly and Serenity and wish him good luck in the future.

No comments: