Thursday, March 22, 2007

Defenders of the West

Fire of Liberty

Today I was over at The Spectator(London) and came across a great piece by Melanie Phillips on our good friends from Australia. Now while some of our "friends" in Europe and the rest of the world seem to back themselves into a defensive shell and speak of diplomacy and promote the destructive policies of multiculturalism in an effort to forestall the rage of the "Muslim street," our true friends are digging in their heels and standing pat with us in Iraq and Afghanistan. I don't know if it's the fact that the Aussies have a lot of Scotch-Iris stock or are just realists who know that you have to scrap with the school yard bully if you want to be left alone but I have to say that if I'm walking down a dark street then I'd prefer to have John Howard or Alexander Downer on my side than a lot of the leaders in Europe. Let's just thank our lucky stars that our friends continue to stand shoulder to shoulder with us in Iraq and Afghanistan.

No comments: