Thursday, March 31, 2005

German Chancellor Schroder: No Steel in his Spine

Fire of Liberty

It seems Germany' Chancellor Gerhard Schroder is insistent that the EU lifts the arms-embargo on China. I guess Herr Schoder is still playing his "To hell with human rights, show me the money" game. What's even more troubling is the fact that Schroder's own political party and his coalition partners are also against lifting the arms-embargo while the Chancellor insists his decision over-rules the parliament. Why is it with Schroder and his willingness to deal with dictatorships like Iraq's and authoritarian regimes like China and their outright disgust of free nations like the US and Taiwan. I guess Schroder has some economic interest, I'd have one to if I presided of an economy with an 12.6% un-employment rate like Germany. This is rather sad that a nation with a past like Germany's would make deals with such dangerous states like China.

No comments: