Thursday, March 31, 2005

Pope John Paul: A Great Ambassador of God

Fire of Liberty
PopeJPII
St. John's Parish

My prayers go out to the ailing Pontiff as he battles his various illnesses. While I have many historic figures that I deeply admire, Pope John Paul II, Ronald Reagan, and Margaret Thatcher are the top three people that have had a great impact on my life. I guess the main reason I like these three people is that they posses strong wills and are completely devoted to their ideals and principles no matter how great the odds may be. I hope the Pope fights through for many years to come and continues his demonstration of faith. One thing that the Pope, Reagan, and Thatcher all share is their bouts with diseases and ailments that destroy their once charismatic and vocal abilities. Whether it was President Reagan's bout with Alzheimers (which he fought for some 10 years), Baroness T's bout with strokes and the Pontiff's bout with Parkinson's have either robed them if their powerful voices and limited their activities but they continue to live life to the fullest thus demonstrating how precious life really is. You just have to be proud of such devotion to life, I just wish more people were more like these great individuals. So lets take a minute to say our prayers for this magnificent man and reflect on his magnificent works.

Here's a piece by Marc A. Thiessen over @ National Review Online on Pope John Paul II and the great lesson that he continues to teach us each and every day.

P.S. Thanks to St. John the Evangelist Roman Cathloc Church for the photo.

No comments: