Thursday, March 31, 2005

Wolfowitz: He's the World Bank's New Man

Fire of Liberty

Congrats go out to Secretary Wolfowitz on his unanimous approval to the presidency of the World Bank. I hope he gets into this institution and puts some sanity into the internationalist mad-house (It's a tad bit better than the UN but not that much). I'm looking forward to the breath of fresh air and ideas that Secretary Wolfowitz will bring in. Just think, Wolfowitz could bring with him effective solutions to fighting malaria and HIV/AIDS and pulling the poverty stricken nations out of the muck they've found themselves in (It'll be a Booker T. Washington "Pull yourself up with your boot-straps" approach in the same light of the late Lord P.T. Bauer). Come to think of it, Secretary Wolfowitz's new role as the President of the World Bank will peak my interest to the activities of the World Bank. When a conservative like me becomes interested or even mildly interested in a international institute like the World Bank, you understand my admiration for Secretary Wolfowitz. I bid him a good future and great fortune in his new position.

No comments: