Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Fire of Liberty

Fire of Liberty

I can't believe former Rep. Martin Frost is on TV yammering about President Bush not visiting the troops enough in Iraq. He keeps saying that Don Rumsfeld visiting the soldiers doesn't count. We'll lets see, since the Secretary of Defense is a member of the cabinet he also becomes a de-facto representative of the US and its President. If the President goes into Iraq, can you imagine the logistical and security nightmare this would be. Istead of being on patrol and hunting down the murderers and terrorists that threaten the Iraqi people, our soldiers would have to secure the President. I'd also like to remind everyone that these terrorists would love to kill or harm the President. Could you just imagine such an act occurring. The best bet is for the prez to stay stateside.

Our troops know that the President has their best interests at heart and serves them best by getting them the money and support that they need. They also know that the President wouldn't do anything that would jeopardize their mission, he isn't going to snatch victory from our soldiers hands like Sen. Kennedy and John Kerry want to.

Martin Frost and his acolytes might think its a good strategy to attack the President on Iraq but I seem to remember an election that resulted in a re-election of President Bush. The Dems have got to get out of the 2004 election mode and stop dissing the war effort. They need to remember the lyrics of Merle Haggard's "Fighting Side of Me" where it says:

I hear people talkin' bad,
About the way we have to live here in this country,
Harpin' on the wars we fight,
An' gripin' 'bout the way things oughta be.
An' I don't mind 'em switchin' sides,
An' standin' up for things they believe in.
When they're runnin' down my country, man,
They're walkin' on the fightin' side of me.
Yeah, walkin' on the fightin' side of me.
Runnin' down the way of life,
Our fightin' men have fought and died to keep.
If you don't love it, leave it:
Let this song I'm singin' be a warnin'.
If you're runnin' down my country, man,
You're walkin' on the fightin' side of me.

Our fighting men deserve such respect from all of us. Dems need to heed this in 2006 and 2008. I doubt Dean will learn this.

No comments: